Thursday, July 7, 2011

Parker: Martini update


Hey everyone,

Hope this finds you all well. This is the kind of post that I’m not used to writing, so bear with me. It has become apparent that the Parker: Martini Edition, which was scheduled for a July release, will not be ready to ship on its’ scheduled date. I wanted to break this news here on my blog, because this is 100% my fault. I wanted to make sure everyone understood that my publisher (IDW) and fabulous editor (Scott Dunbier) weren’t blamed for this delay.

It’s a rare occurrence for me to ship something later than it was supposed to. I want to assure everybody looking forward to this book that it is shipping late because of my commitment to making this a very special product and not just a reprint edition. This simply has taken me more time than I anticipated. After much consideration, Scott and I decided the best time for release would be during the Long Beach convention in October.

I’d like to apologize to all of the readers who’ve advanced ordered this book. I want you to know that I am doing everything I can to make sure the Parker:Martini edition will be worth the wait.

Thanks,

Darwyn

14 comments:

J. King said...

Waiting longer for it won't make it any less great when it gets here. And it will be great.

Rich said...

Thanks for the info, Darwyn. I pre-ordered it and really look forward to having it in my hands.

Quinton Peeples said...

I just bought a ticket for Long Beach. Thanks for the update and the truthfulness. Much appreciated. I'm certain the book will be worth the wait!

Knarfenstein said...

Take your time! Looking forward to more of your always tremendous work!

Ian Explosivo said...

Don't worry 'bout nothin' fella!

snaakpac said...

While I was excited about getting this book soon."Good thing come to those who wait .."

can't wait for october..

Kara Jean Campbell said...

I also don't mind waiting for what is sure to be the best collected edition of the year.

I am Eric Bass said...

WHAT?! SERIOUSLY!? AREYOUFREAKINKIDDINGME.. I LIVE FOR THIS...Ha! Just kidding. The simple fact that it will/does exist, is more than enough reason for us rabid fans, to joyfully wait, for you to do, that voodoo, that you do, so freaking well. I'll wait until I'm eligible for AARP if'n I hafta!

Chuck said...

Hi Darwyn! Just to clarify, since the Long Beach convention starts October 29, will PARKER: MARTINI be available in comic shops the last Wednesday of October or the first Wednesday of November?

Doc said...

"Parker had had enough. But he knew this was exactly the kind of situation that makes an angry man impatient, an impatient man careless, and a careless man a convict. He was angry, but he would control it."

- Richard Stark

pw! said...

you're always worth the wait

just voted for you every chance i got for the Harveys

Ian Explosivo said...

Congrats on winning the 2011 Eisner Award for best Writer/Artist Darwyn!

Danny Budge said...

It's going to be well worth the wait, Darwyn. Very much looking forward to getting my copy in the mail, but take as long as you need.

Unknown said...

Take as long as you need, big man.

Cream is always worth waiting for.